About the Author
Erin Mundahl is a reporter with InsideSources.
- Keep on Trucking: Is American Freight Standing Still Because of a Truck Driver Shortage?
- Enbridge 3 Fight Shows Connections Between Indigenous Environmentalism and AIM
- Methane Rule Exposes Constitutional Issues Behind Environmental Law
- Is DC About to Become the Latest Front in the Battle for the Bikeshare Market?
- Department of Energy Invests Additional $46M in Struggling Solar Energy Sector
- How Does a Doctor Know if Medical Marijuana Is Working? Ehave Offers an Answer
- ABC News Settlement Doesn’t Come Close to Addressing Impact of “Pink Slime” Story
- While Appalachia Struggles With Opioid Addiction, Minnesota Battles Meth
- Follow the Money: Freshet Collective Still Sparse on Details of Standing Rock Legal Fund
- A Year After Standing Rock, It’s Clear That Environmental Protest Camps Are Ineffective
- What Does It Take to Make Venture Capital Work in Cleantech?
- Can a State Governor Line Item Veto an Opposition Legislature’s Budget?
- Where Does a Worker-Owned Collective Business Get a Loan?
- In Youngstown, Innovative JobsNOW Program Highlights Area Employment Opportunities
- Rust Belt No More: Chemical Plants Bringing Manufacturing Jobs Back to Youngstown
- New Mexico Flaring Rule Exhibits the Tension Between Tax Revenue and Industry Growth
- Judge Boasberg Hands Minor Win to NoDAPL, Says Corps Failed to Consider Hunting Rights
- Zinke Addresses NCAI Conference, Stresses Tribal Sovereignty
- Cities Pledge to Maintain EPA Website on Climate Change
- Wages of Protest: Wallace Global Fund Gives Standing Rock $250K Prize
- Exxon Argues Schneiderman ‘Working Backwards,’ Assuming Guilt in Climate Investigation
- Fossil Fuels’ Benefits Far Higher Than Social Cost, Study Finds
- Environmental Justice Resides in Green Limbo at the EPA
- Could User Fees Help Fix Interior Department Budget Cuts?
- Tribes’ Statement on Paris Agreement Shows Limits of Tribal Authority
- Why the Energy Industry Is Split on the Paris Climate Accord
- USGS Study Reaffirms: No Fracking Contamination of Groundwater in Gulf Shale
- Venture Capital Leaving Clean Energy Technology for Greener, More Profitable Investments
- Planned Three Mile Island Closure Reflects Tough Market for Nuclear Power
- As North Dakota Continues to Try Standing Rock Protesters, Dismissed Cases Pile Up
- Can We Discard ‘Exploitative Capitalism’ for a ‘Regenerative Economy’?
- FERC Moves Closer to Quorum After Confirmation Hearing for Powelson, Chatterjee
- Can Scott Pruitt and Congress Put Together a Cohesive Energy Plan?
- Robert Gates Speaks of Terror Attack As “Reminder” That ISIS Not yet Defeated
- Oklahoma Oil Billionaire George Kaiser Wants to Raise Oil Taxes–After Avoiding Them Himself
- Industry Figures Speak Favorably of an Increase in the Federal Fuel Tax
- Sasse: America Needs to Rebuild Public Trust, Personal Self Restraint
- Trump Signs Bill to Limit MPOs, Help Keep Urban Planning Local
- Are Concerns About the Reliability of Natural Gas Electricity Generation Overblown?
- Minor DAPL Leak Shows Differences in State Reporting Requirements
- Powertech Proposal Reignites Debate on Uranium Mining in the Black Hills
- TX Attorney General: NY Case Against ExxonMobil Is “an Attempt to Chill Speech”
- CA Fracking Decision Shows Limits of What Trump Can Do to Promote Energy
- Lack of FERC Appointments Threatens to Hold Up Infrastructure Projects
- Despite Environmentalists’ Fears, EPA Budget Escapes Major Cuts
- Senators Send Sneering Letter to Rick Perry Over Proposed Study
- FERC Meeting Talks Limits of Market-Based Solutions for Energy Needs
- Environmental Protest Forms a Red Line On the Capitol East Lawn
- Trump Executive Order Exposes Controversy Over Bears Ears National Monument
- Could Fiber Optic Technology Help Detect Leaks on Oil Rigs and Pipelines?
- Should Native American Tribes Have Their Own Criminal Justice Systems?
- Tribal Representatives Offer Little Cooperation on EPA Regulatory Reform
- Experts Discuss How City Design Should Balance Flexibility and Growth
- Making Gov’t Smaller: Congress Looks to Rein In Metropolitan Planning Councils
- Tokens for Tokers: Toronto Group To Offer Free Metro Tokens On 4/20
- Green Energy Poverty: Are Low Income Americans Impoverished by Alternative Energy?
- Jobs, Not Rent, Drive Millennials’ Housing Choices
- After Protesting Scott Pruitt, Environmentalists Shocked by EPA Security Increase
- In California, Gas Tax Subsidizes Electric Cars
- As California Recovers From Drought, Environmentalists Focus Efforts on Santa Ana Sucker Over Groundwater Replenishment
- Why Coal Is Still Strong in the Southwest
- Cellulose Insulation: Energy Saver or Fire Risk? Depends on Who You Ask
- Scott Pruitt Talks Rule of Law, Rulemaking Reform at ECOS Conference
- At ECOS Conference States Meet to Discuss Unsexy Side of Infrastructure
- PA Pipeline Protesters Selling Direct Action Manual of Ecoterrorist Techniques
- Tribes Divided as Zinke Changes Obama-Era Rule on Mineral Leases
- Environmentalists Close Unsuccessful Pipeline Protest, Local Green Groups
- Back Row Hillbillies: Chris Arnade and J.D. Vance talk about the Rust Belt
- Conservatives for Clean Energy Backed by Liberal Interest Groups
- Trump Signs Executive Order Repealing Clean Power Plan. Here’s Why It Matters.
- Lawsuit Against Virginia Dominion Power Delivers Setback to Environmentalists
- Trump Approved the Keystone XL Pipeline: What’s Next?
- Taxpayer-Backed Delaware Riverkeeper Network Sues FERC Again, Faces Rebuke From Judge Again
- At Trump ‘Halftime’ Report, a Look at the Future of the Democratic Party
- Will Pruitt Roll Back an Obama-era EPA Rule Change That Could Cripple the Mining Industry?
- First DAPL Oil Shipment Set for This Week, But Law Enforcement Costs Remain
- Protesters in PA Struggle to Attract Attention to Stop Atlantic Sunrise Pipeline
- As Trump Cuts State Dept Funding, Are Voice of America Broadcasts Necessary?
- Reproductive Justice Discussion Connects Abortion and Economic Issues
- Would Trump’s Paid Parental Leave Plan Hurt Young Women?
- Standing Rock Protests Reborn at the Native Nations March With Shift in Focus
- How the World Energy Marketplace Is Changing
- Jezebel: Feminists Owe Kellyanne Conway Nothing
- “A Day Without a Woman” Protest Finds Its Roots in Socialist Holiday
- How Large Are American Proven Oil Reserves?
- Lawsuit Reveals Harassment DAPL Protesters Sent Sheriff
- Tribes Hopeful For Good Relationship with New Interior Secretary
- Standing Rock Legacy Continues in Texas, Florida Protests
- Kemper Project Shows How Natural Gas Has Slowed Movement Toward Clean Coal
- Tom Steyer Calls for Trump Investigation, Ignores Own Ties to Russia
- As D.C.’s Metro Bleeds Cash, Are Other Transportation Options Performing Better?
- Do Liberal Colleges Create Provocative Conservatives?
- Standing Rock Protesters Face Mandatory Evacuation Deadline
- DC Doubles Down on Struggling H Street Corridor Streetcar
- ND Fears Water Contamination From Abandoned Cars
- Did the Day Without Immigrants Protest Hurt Workers?
- As Standing Rock Tribe Struggles to Defend Pipeline Opposition, Union Urges Streamlined Approval
- As Colorado Claims Marijuana Legalization Benefits, Questions Arise Over Costs
- At the University of Maryland, Race and Class Fully Explain 2016 Election
- ND Hopes to Receive Federal Help for DAPL Law Enforcement Costs
- #NoDAPL Solidarity Vows Escalation, Direct Engagement
- Group Looking to Break Presidential Debate Duopoly Wins in Court
- What Happened to Millions in Standing Rock Donations?
- Bayou Bridge Pipeline Protests Heat Up in Louisiana
- Group Advocates Boycotting Almost Every Department Store
- As Seattle Votes on Wells Fargo Divestment, Its Potential Impact Remains Minimal
- Standing Rock Races to Clean Up Protest Camps as DAPL Approval Nears
- GOP Congress Prepares to Roll Back School Lunch Changes
- University of Denver Rejects Divestment as “Unrealistic”
- Army Corps Memo Shows DAPL Should Have Been Approved in December
- Cannabis Industry Is Uncertain, but Hopeful About Trump Administration
- How a ‘Coding Error’ by Obama’s Department of Education Hurt For-Profit Colleges
- As Standing Rock Tribe Calls for Protesters to Leave, Trump Signs Order for DAPL Construction to Proceed
- Soros Donated $90 Million to Groups Behind DC Women’s March
- Protesters Repeatedly Violate Agreement Between Police and Standing Rock Tribe
- Standing Rock Protesters Lose Out on Pardon Pushes
- Backwater Bridge Passes Inspection, Remains Closed Because of Hostile Protesters
- Group Requests Details on “Backroom Dealings” Before DAPL Permit Decision
- Under Trump, Legalized Marijuana Likely to Remain in Legal Limbo
- Marissa Mayer Leaves Behind Uncertain Record at Yahoo
- Standing Rock Protests Tied to Soros-Funded Group
- At Protest Camp, Standing Rock Tribe Addresses Poaching, Potential Flooding
- Group Sues to Stop the Duopoly, Allow Third Party onto Presidential Debate Stage
- Seattle’s Wells Fargo Divestment Plan Has Lofty Goals, Few Details
- Facebook Censors Banned Art, Satire, Culture, and More in 2016
- As Uber Continues to Grow, Cities Face Challenges to Ridesharing Regulation
- With the Stroke of a Pen, Obama Adds to Federal Control of the West
- Bias Shows Through in WaPo Fact Check Tool
- DAPL Protesters Exaggerate Scope and Uniqueness of Contamination Risk
- Minneapolis Wells Fargo Divestment Plan Remains Light on the Details
- In Show of Cooperation, Standing Rock Tribe and North Dakota Officials Inspect Bridge
- First Surgeon General Report on Addiction Stresses Public Health
- As West Virginia Turns Deep Red, Manchin Becomes Vulnerable
- When the EPA Causes Devastating Pollution, It Refuses to Pay for Cleanup
- Faith Spotted Eagle Just Received a Vote in the Electoral College. Who Is She?
- How the Minnesota Football Boycott Shows Title IX Excesses
- How Medical Marijuana May Be Moving More Toward Actual Medicine
- With 1 Million Visitors Coming to Inauguration, Washington’s Metro Wants More Money to Solve Its Problems
- #NoDAPL Protesters Shift Focus to All Pipelines
- City of Minneapolis May Start Its Own Bank So It Doesn’t Have to Do Business With Any Bank Funding Fossil Fuel Projects
- #NoDAPL Protesters Ask for Money for Stoves, Spend It on Hockey Masks
- Harry Reid’s New York Times Op-Ed Struggles With Obamacare Facts
- #NoDAPL Shifts Focus from Native Rights to Stopping All Pipelines
- Feds Offer North Dakota No Relief for DAPL Protest Costs
- Obama Admin Denies DAPL Approval, but Pipeline Will Likely Be Completed Under Trump
- Protesters Declare December #NoDAPL Month, Go After Pipeline Funding
- ‘Water Protectors’ Look to Expand North Dakota Protest Into Florida
- While the Obama Administration Delays Dakota Access, North Dakota Is Left to Foot the Bill for Protesters
- DAPL Protests Continue Over Thanksgiving, but Looming Storm May Force Them Out
- Airbnb Bans Become a Free Speech Issue
- Officials Raise Concerns for Children at the Dakota Access Pipeline Protest
- As Standing Rock Camp Limits Media Access, Local Police Work to Communicate With Press
- As North Dakota Rioters Attack Police, Federal Government Offers Refuge to Protesters
- Here’s Why North Dakota Residents and Law Enforcement Fear the Federal Decision to Halt Dakota Access Construction
- DAPL Supporters Stress Risks to Public Health, Safety if Protests Continue
- UC Irvine Considers Curriculum Change to Help Students Cope With ‘White Supremacist’ President
- As Pot Legalization Spreads, States Struggle to Redefine DUIs
- Trump’s Win Shows Polls Cannot Replace Local Reporting
- Will Standing Rock Be a Guide to Block Energy Development in Other States?
- A Tough Loss for Charters in Massachusetts
- Pot Legalization Succeeds in CA, MA, ME and NV
- In D.C., Cigarette Smokers Face Tougher Regulations Than Marijuana Smokers
- Medal of Honor Recipient, Doolittle Raider Speak to Cadets at American Veterans Center Conference
- Wounded Warrior Experience Gathers Cadets and Vets to Teach Valor and Leadership
- Current Economy Means Fewer White Collar Mining Jobs
- Union and Hotels Push Restrictions of Airbnb in Austin and Chicago
- Unions and Drug Companies Fund CA, AZ, NV Pot Legalization Campaigns
- ND Expresses Concern for the Education of Children at Standing Rock Protest Camp
- New York Goes After Airbnb, Alleging Illegal Hotels
- Questions Arise Over Standing Rock Protesters’ Use of Funds
- Judge Rules EPA Must Consider Job Losses When Drafting Regulations
- Democracy Now! Reporter Blurs Line Between Protest and Journalism
- Bootleggers and Baptists Hits the 21st Century
- Troubling Signs for Congo as Officials Attempt to Defend Election Delay
- The DC Streetcar Boondoggle
- Congressional Letter Misstates Facts of Dakota Access Pipeline
Posted July 20, 2017 by Llewellyn King
Posted July 19, 2017 by Erin Mundahl
Posted July 19, 2017 by Mike Godwin
Posted July 19, 2017 by Arthur R. Wardle
Posted July 19, 2017 by Donald Kirk
Posted July 19, 2017 by Giuseppe Macri
Posted July 19, 2017 by Erin Mundahl
Posted July 19, 2017 by Ross Marchand
Posted July 19, 2017 by Silvia Elaluf-Calderwood, PhD
Posted July 18, 2017 by Leo Doran
Posted April 28, 2014 by Derek Khanna
Posted September 24, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted June 16, 2016 by Carter Dougherty
Posted February 12, 2015 by Britt Christensen, Ph.D.
Posted July 30, 2015 by Bill Greener III
Posted April 28, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted November 06, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted June 22, 2016 by Graham Vyse
Posted October 01, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted June 24, 2015 by Jonathan Bean