About the Author
Donald Kirk has been a columnist for Korea Times, South China Morning Post, and many other newspapers and magazines.
- ‘Human Rights’ Is a Conversation Stopper in N. Korea
- All Aboard on the Korean Peninsula
- North Korea Is the Sideshow
- Why Okinawans Fiercely Oppose New U.S. Military Base
- Report on N. Korean Missiles Raises Concerns in U.S.
- Canada Has Gone to Pot; Demand Is High, Supply Is Low
- Now We Can Get Back to Work With North Korea
- U.S. Under Attack From Within
- While the West Talks, North Korea’s Workers Suffer
- A Moment of Truth Awaits Donald Trump
- Is MbS the Kim Jong Un of the Middle East?
- Any Hint of Humanitarian Reform in North Korea Is Fake
- Pompeo-Kim Meeting Fails to Resolve Differences
- Kavanaugh News Pushes Korea Into Background
- Could The North Korea Nightmare Be Ending?
- Lots of Talk but Little Progress From Korean Summit
- Trump Aides Worry About Another Summit With Kim
- Moon-Kim Summit Will Be a Test for South Korea’s Leader
- Bolton’s Fanciful Theory on Dealing With North Korea
- Why the Sudden Silence on Human Rights in N. Korea?
- Expect N. Korea to Try to Cash In on Remains of Americans
- Second Trump-Kim Summit Is a Possibility
- Pompeo Errs by Citing Vietnam as a Role Model for North Korea
- Time to Think Seriously About Trade War Ramifications
- Shifting U.S. Military Role in South Korea
- Mattis, Pompeo Policy Differences on Korea
- Post-Summit, Little Has Changed on the Korean Peninsula
- Little Follow-Up From North Korea on Summit Promises
- Little to Show for U.S.-N. Korea Summit
- Who’s Paying North Korea’s Summit Tab?
- Something’s Up on the Korean Peninsula
- Will Trump, Kim Meet? Here’s Our Best Guess
- Uncertainty Abounds in Wake of Summit Cancellation
- Misleading Nuclear News From North Korea
- ‘Libyan Model’ Won’t Work in North Korea
- China Is the Force Behind Korean Diplomacy
- Eyes Are Turning Toward Panmunjom for Kim-Trump Summit
- Even After Progress Between North and South, Challenges Lie Ahead for Trump Korea Summit
- Dream of Peace Lives On in Korea
- Is the U.S. to Blame for the Massacre on Jeju?
- Is Trump Misreading Kim’s Statement on Nuclear Program?
- The Difficult Dance for the U.S. Ahead of the Korea Summit
- Ruckus at 38 North
- From Korea to the Mideast, No Good Options If War Happens
- U.S. Intellectuals’ Blind Love for China
- U.S. Trade War Pushes China Closer to N. Korea
- U.S., S. Korea Differ on N. Korea Nuclear Program
- What’s Behind Kim’s Visit to Beijing?
- Koreas Brace for Hard-Line John Bolton
- Mike Pompeo, Fact and Fiction, and North Korea
- Skepticism Abounds in Advance of Korean Summit
- U.S.-North Korea Summit — What Next?
- In Need of a Ticket? Deal With the Russians.
- Momentum for Korea Talks Stalls
- Questions Abound As Ivanka Trump Visits South Korea
- NBC’s Conflict of Interests at Olympics
- Decision Time for Korea Decision-Makers
- A Showdown With North Korea
- Cruz Talks Tough on North Korea
- U.S. Casts Wary Eye Toward North Koreans at Olympics
- U.S.-Chinese Trade Relations Deteriorating
- Gazing at the Korean Crystal Ball, Post-Olympics
- After Olympics Detente, What Next for Koreas?
- ‘Strategic Ambiguity’ Prompts Guesses About U.S., North Korea
- North Korea and ‘Darkest Hour’
- From Asia to the Mideast, Trump Is Isolating the U.S.
- To Strike or Not to Strike?
- A Wise Choice for Ambassador to South Korea
- Just How ‘Intelligent’ Is Michael Flynn?
- Trump-Tillerson Rift Spotlights Uncertainty in U.S.
- A Guessing Game on the Korean Peninsula
- A Missed Opportunity in Korea for Trump
- Trump Misses Opportunity With North Korea
- Trump’s Diplomatic Challenge in China
- War of (Bland) Words From South Korea
- Potential Nuclear-Free South Korea Alarms U.S.
- Japan Divided Over Any Revision to Its ‘Peace Constitution’
- Wishful Thinking in Advance of Trump Visit to S. Korea
- On Korea, These Two Dotards Are Out of Their League
- Trump — Crazy Like a Fox, or a Madman With Nuclear Codes?
- S. Korean Leader Ridiculed at Home for Closeness to U.S.
- A Proliferation of ‘Declarations of War’
- Trump and Evangelicals (It’s Class Warfare)
- Aftermath of Trump Speech on North Korea
- Off With Kim Jong-un’s Head?
- On North Korea, Trump Is the Wild Card
- Bombard North Korea With Information From the Sky
- Odd Encounter With Priest in S. Korea
- North Korea Dashes South’s Hopes for Better Ties
- On North Korea, Washington Has No Clue
- U.S.-N. Korea Rift Widens While We Focus on Trump-Russia
- Chaos in the U.S., and All in the (Trump) Family
- Trying to See the Future of IT
- Tense Time for the Koreas
- Korean Peace Treaty Is a Bad Idea
- Warmbier Death Is Just the Latest in Long String of N. Korea Torture
- Fantasy of N. Korea Conference: Sanctions, Bad; Talk, Good
- U.S.-Korean Relationship at Stake
- Honeymoon or Hangover in South Korea?
- North Korea Puts Strain on U.S.-South Korea Ties
- What Next for South Korea’s New Leader?
Posted December 19, 2018 by Erin Mundahl
Posted December 19, 2018 by Edward Hudgins
Posted December 19, 2018 by Carolyn Neuhaus
Posted December 19, 2018 by Angela Logomasini
Posted December 18, 2018 by Terron Sims II
Posted December 18, 2018 by Michael Graham
Posted December 18, 2018 by Michael Graham
Posted December 18, 2018 by Kate Patrick
Posted December 18, 2018 by Erin Mundahl
Posted December 17, 2018 by Donald Kirk
Posted April 28, 2014 by Derek Khanna
Posted September 24, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted February 12, 2015 by Britt Christensen, Ph.D.
Posted June 16, 2016 by Carter Dougherty
Posted July 30, 2015 by Bill Greener III
Posted April 28, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted November 06, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted January 12, 2017 by Connor D. Wolf
Posted October 01, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted September 05, 2017 by Peter Roff