About the Author
Kate Patrick reports technology and finance news for InsideSources. She previously reported supply chain, freight, logistics, and procurement news as well as supply chain tech and regulation news for B2B startup Industry Dive.
- This Nonprofit Might Make It Harder for Those With Depression to Get the New ‘Miracle’ Drug
- Hawley Chips Away at Free Speech In New Bill, Draws Ire from Conservatives, Liberals
- Does Big Tech Benefit From the Latest SCOTUS Decision?
- Privacy Groups Say Mobile Carriers Violated Privacy Laws By Sharing Users’ Location Data
- Biden Criticized Amazon for Not Paying Taxes. Here’s His Record on Tax Reform
- A Team of Researchers Just Showed How the FCC Wastes Billions on Rural Broadband
- Advocates Keep Pushing for Net Neutrality While Opponents Tout Benefits of Repeal
- Local News Blames Big Tech for Industry Decline, Fueling Antitrust Fire
- Maine’s New Privacy Law Won’t Crack Down on Big Tech’s Data-Sharing Practices
- YouTube Content Ban Sparks Backlash From Free Speech Advocates
- Is TiVo’s Patent Win Against Comcast Also a Win for Consumers?
- Big Tech Says Antitrust Isn’t the Solution to Industry Problems
- DOJ, FTC to Open Antitrust Investigations Into Apple, Amazon, Google
- Here’s How Mexico Tariffs Could Affect Big Tech
- Big Tech Fires Back at Elizabeth Warren’s ‘Break Up’ Billboard
- Small Telecom Companies on Huawei Ban: ‘What Do We Do, What Do We Do?’
- The Resurgence of Retail: How Best Buy Ramps Up Competition With Amazon
- Privacy Advocates Call for ‘Moratorium’ on Facial Recognition Technology
- Republicans Disagree Over Whether to Break Up Big Tech
- Is The Telecom Industry Like Game of Thrones?
- FCC Thinks T-Mobile, Sprint Merger Will Bridge Digital Divide, Accelerate 5G
- House Presses FCC On Privacy, 5G: ‘Do More Than Just Sit On Your Hands’
- Congress Wants to ‘Chop Off’ China’s 5G ‘Tentacles’
- Will Tariffs Hurt the Tech Industry?
- Rail Industry Says Automation Will Create More Jobs, But Congress Isn’t So Sure
- Elizabeth Warren Wants to Fine Companies $100 for Every Piece of Personal Data They Compromise
- Here’s How The Trade War With China Could Affect the 5G Race
- Sen. Josh Hawley, Tech Experts Slam Google, Social Media at Tech Event
- Federal, State Lawmakers Explore Privacy Protections for Biometric Data
- How the Oracle v. Google Case Could Help Restore Google’s Image
- Big Tech Condemns Algorithmic Tools for Determining Who Gets ‘Bail’
- Facial Recognition Tech Goes Mainstream: Now Airlines, Retailers Spy On You, Too
- Joe Biden’s Record On Privacy May Give Democrats Pause
- Mueller Report Re-Opens Debate Over Government Access to Tech Encryption Keys
- America Scores an Average ‘C’ Grade for Financial Literacy Month
- Mueller Report: Russians Easily Manipulated Social Media, Effortlessly Stole Voter Info
- FCC Proposes to Block China Mobile, Cites National Security Concerns
- NH Senator Slams Trump Admin for Poor Cybersecurity
- NH Senator Slams Trump Admin for Poor Cybersecurity
- How the GOP Tax Law Benefited Big Tech
- EU Commissioner to US: Don’t Break Up Big Tech
- How Political Messaging Drives the Net Neutrality Debate
- No, Prince Harry, You Can’t Ban Fortnite
- Mozilla Releases Federal Privacy Law Guidelines
- FTC Says Fed Privacy Law Should Preempt All State Laws
- DOJ Pushes Back on Idea of Consumer Control in a Federal Privacy Law
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Asks For More Regulation — But Is He Genuine?
- Koch Brothers Launch Ads to Push Back on Warren’s Antitrust Campaign
- Trump Administration Sues Facebook Over Housing Ad Discrimination
- Net Neutrality Bill Passes Key Vote, Heads to Full Committee
- Republican Rep Sues Twitter Over Censorship, Defamation
- Do the EU’s Strict Privacy Rules Increase Cyber Risk?
- Is There An Antitrust Case to Break Up Amazon?
- Democrats, Republicans Squabble Over Net Neutrality Rules
- Should Regulators Blame Big Tech For Underpaid Artists?
- Elizabeth Warren Calls for Break Up of Amazon, Facebook, Google
- Progressives Call out Democrats for Political Showboating With Net Neutrality Bill
- Democrats, Republicans Eager to Use Antitrust Law Against Big Tech
- Should Consumers Be Able To ‘Opt Out’ of Data Sharing by Big Tech?
- Malware in Your Software: How Apps Can Compromise National Security
- Tech Industry Wants a Stronger Privacy Law Than California’s
- Cyber Attacks, Not Nukes, May Be North Korea’s Most Dangerous Weapon
- Will Copyrights Chill Innovation in the Software Industry?
- Hospitals Are Cyber Criminals’ Newest, Biggest Target
- Republicans Urge Democrats to Collaborate on a Bipartisan Net Neutrality Bill
- Report: The U.S. Can Still Beat China in the 5G Race
- Consumers Complain Facebook Exposed Personal Health Information
- How the Net Neutrality Debate Complicates Internet Data Privacy
- What the US Can Learn From the EU’s New Copyright Rules
- Human Rights Groups Chastise Facebook For Lack of Ad Transparency
- The Trump Administration Just Relaxed Payday Lending Rules. Is That Good or Bad for Borrowers?
- Privacy Activists Decry Democrats’ ‘Tech Wall’
- Are APIs the True Privacy Villains?
- Congress, Not the Courts, Is the Only Place The Net Neutrality Fight Can Be Settled
- Health Care Premiums May Continue to Skyrocket Under ACA
- DC’s VA Medical Center Still Hasn’t Processed 1,550 Inches of Pages in Patient Records
- Facebook’s Plan to Merge Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp Raises Privacy Concerns
- Maritime Cybersecurity More Important Than Ever, But Industry Only Talks About It
- Should a Nonprofit Disclose Pro Bono Legal Services Under Campaign Finance Law?
- Do We Need A New Federal Agency to Enforce Privacy Laws?
- Fintech Companies, Community Banks Just Want a ‘Level Playing Field’
- Should Tech Companies Compromise Users’ Personal Privacy For Better Cybersecurity?
- Judge Rules Police Can’t Force You to Unlock Your Phone With Fingerprint
- CFPB May Scrap Underwriting Requirements for Payday Loans
- States Sue to Override Feds for Right to Regulate Fintech
- Senators Propose New ‘Office’ to Protect Technology Supply Chains
- Do Tariffs Level the Playing Field For the Global Aluminum Market?
- Users Won’t Give Up Facebook for Less Than $1000
- Five Tech Trends to Watch in 2019
- Senators to FTC: Google Play Store May Be Violating COPPA
- Last-Minute Christmas Shopping? Watch Out For Fakes And Frauds
- Is There a Case Against Facebook’s Data-Sharing Practices?
- How The Steel Tariffs Are Affecting A Small Business In Rural Ohio
- Congress Still Doesn’t Understand Cybersecurity
- We Have the First Privacy Bill Drafts, But Experts Say They Are Vague, Limited
- Millions of Europeans Sign Petition Opposing EU’s Updated Copyright Directive
- How the GOP House Let Google off the Hook
- Why Are Cheap Flights So Hard to Find?
- AGs May Have Found a Way to Bring Antitrust Suits Against Big Tech
- Regulators To Big Tech: Back Off Our Kids
- PragerU Vs. YouTube Case is About Choosing the Lesser of Two Evils
- Congress is ‘Fed Up’ With Big Tech, But Antitrust Action May Be Impossible
- FTC Wants Authority to Fine Big Tech for Data Security, Privacy Malpractice
- States, Municipalities Push Back Against Federal Tech Policy
- Free Market Group Calls for Tighter Copyright Laws
- Should The Feds Dump Google As Their Go-To Search Engine?
- Tech’s ‘Good Actors’ Plead for a Fair Privacy Law
- The Big Issue That May Unite Democrats and Republicans in Congress
- Fintech Companies Can Expect More Scrutiny From a Democrat House
- What’s Next for Net Neutrality in a Democrat-Controlled House?
- Here’s What the Tech Industry Should Expect From a Democratic House
- Wall Street, Big Tech Bet on #BlueWave
- Think Tank Gives Swing States an ‘F’ For Elections Security
- Is Net Neutrality a Key Issue for Midterm Voters?
- Saudi-Funded SoftBank Has Been Throwing Money at U.S. Fintech Firms
- How a Former Hedge Fund Manager and Corporate Lawyer Are Treating Philanthropy Like a Wall Street Bet
- On Internet Privacy, a Deep Divide Between Tech Industry and Consumer Advocates
- Taylor Swift Continues the Longstanding Tradition of Merging Music, Celebrity Status and Politics
- Is It Time For An ‘Internet Bill of Rights’?
- New USMCSA Deal Protects Big Tech From Liabilities, Except Online Sex Trafficking
- California Employs Symbolic Politics to Save Net Neutrality, But May Not Succeed
- Elon Musk Has Settled With the SEC, but His Unsettling Behavior Continues to Raise Questions
- FCC Votes to Limit Local Governments’ Ability to Regulate 5G Deployment
- Is The 5G Hype Way Ahead Of The Reality?
- Did Russia “Steal” The Net Neutrality Debate, Too?
- Unregulated Fintech Could be the Source of the Next Market Crash
- Have the Attacks on Susan Collins Over Kavanaugh Vote Gone Too Far?
- Congressmen Demand Answers From Google Over Data Collected From Children
- This Judge Just Cast More Doubt on Elections Security Right Before Midterms
- Does the EU’s Controversial ‘Upload Filter’ Set a Precedent for Censorship?
- EU’s New Copyright Directive Could Force Google, Facebook to Pay for Their Content
- States Cannot Tax Internet Phone Services According to This New Court Ruling
- FCC Inaccurately Collects Data on Broadband Access in Tribal Lands
- Wall Street, Banking and the Rise Of ‘Ocasio-Cortez’ Democrats
- Federal Agencies Are Woefully Unprepared for Cyberattacks, Experts Say
- New Bill Would Override State Usury Caps for Fintech Companies, Payday Lenders
- Arnold Foundation to Roll Out Pretrial Risk Assessment Tool Nationwide
- Despite California’s New Ban, Mandatory Arbitration Reform Is Still Uncertain
- Stemming Florida’s Red Tide Requires Government and Business to Work Together
- Oops. DNC Cyber Attack Backtrack Casts Doubt on Midterms’ Security.
- News Media, Tech Firms Clash Over How the FTC Should Approach Regulation
- Can an Algorithm Make Subprime Lending Safer or Less Biased?
- Broadband Deployment Is Not Moving Fast Enough for Rural Americans, Critics Say
- Pai: FCC Comment System ‘Flooded’ With ‘Half a Million’ Comments From Russia
- Michigan’s Online Sales Tax Won’t Help Mom-and-Pop Shops
- Should an Algorithm Determine Whether a Criminal Gets Bail?
- As Fintech Booms, Both State and Federal Regulators Want a Piece of the Pie
- DOJ Says AT&T-Time Warner Merger Ruling ‘Ignored’ Economics and Common Sense
- FCC Denies Cyber Attack Ever Happened, But the Evidence Isn’t Clear-Cut
- A New Bill Banning Banks From Charging Overdraft Fees May Have Unintended Consequences
- Sen. Mark Warner Calls for Regulation of Social Media Companies, Big Tech
- Consumers Support CFPB Despite Efforts to Undermine the Bureau
- How 5G Could Revolutionize Healthcare
- Access to Telehealth Will Require Increased Broadband Investment, Especially in Rural Communities
- USAF Contract Competition Tests Trump’s ‘America First’ Pledge
- Controversy Follows the Funding Behind KIPP Co-Founder’s Charter School Venture
Posted June 24, 2019 by Michael Graham
Posted June 24, 2019 by Michael McGrady
Posted June 23, 2019 by Patrick O’Connor
Posted June 23, 2019 by Isaac Porche
Posted June 23, 2019 by Kristen Nyman
Posted June 23, 2019 by Jessica R. Towhey
Posted June 22, 2019 by Kate Patrick
Posted June 21, 2019 by Jackson Shedelbower
Posted June 21, 2019 by Brent Skorup
Posted June 21, 2019 by Drew Johnson
Posted April 28, 2014 by Derek Khanna
Posted September 24, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted February 12, 2015 by Britt Christensen, Ph.D.
Posted June 16, 2016 by Carter Dougherty
Posted July 30, 2015 by Bill Greener III
Posted April 28, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted November 06, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted January 12, 2017 by Connor D. Wolf
Posted October 01, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted September 05, 2017 by Peter Roff