About the Author
Kate Patrick reports technology and finance news for InsideSources. She previously reported supply chain, freight, logistics, and procurement news as well as supply chain tech and regulation news for B2B startup Industry Dive.
- Consumers Complain Facebook Exposed Personal Health Information
- How the Net Neutrality Debate Complicates Internet Data Privacy
- What the US Can Learn From the EU’s New Copyright Rules
- Human Rights Groups Chastise Facebook For Lack of Ad Transparency
- The Trump Administration Just Relaxed Payday Lending Rules. Is That Good or Bad for Borrowers?
- Privacy Activists Decry Democrats’ ‘Tech Wall’
- Are APIs the True Privacy Villains?
- Congress, Not the Courts, Is the Only Place The Net Neutrality Fight Can Be Settled
- Health Care Premiums May Continue to Skyrocket Under ACA
- DC’s VA Medical Center Still Hasn’t Processed 1,550 Inches of Pages in Patient Records
- Facebook’s Plan to Merge Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp Raises Privacy Concerns
- Maritime Cybersecurity More Important Than Ever, But Industry Only Talks About It
- Should a Nonprofit Disclose Pro Bono Legal Services Under Campaign Finance Law?
- Do We Need A New Federal Agency to Enforce Privacy Laws?
- Fintech Companies, Community Banks Just Want a ‘Level Playing Field’
- Should Tech Companies Compromise Users’ Personal Privacy For Better Cybersecurity?
- Judge Rules Police Can’t Force You to Unlock Your Phone With Fingerprint
- CFPB May Scrap Underwriting Requirements for Payday Loans
- States Sue to Override Feds for Right to Regulate Fintech
- Senators Propose New ‘Office’ to Protect Technology Supply Chains
- Do Tariffs Level the Playing Field For the Global Aluminum Market?
- Users Won’t Give Up Facebook for Less Than $1000
- Five Tech Trends to Watch in 2019
- Senators to FTC: Google Play Store May Be Violating COPPA
- Last-Minute Christmas Shopping? Watch Out For Fakes And Frauds
- Is There a Case Against Facebook’s Data-Sharing Practices?
- How The Steel Tariffs Are Affecting A Small Business In Rural Ohio
- Congress Still Doesn’t Understand Cybersecurity
- We Have the First Privacy Bill Drafts, But Experts Say They Are Vague, Limited
- Millions of Europeans Sign Petition Opposing EU’s Updated Copyright Directive
- How the GOP House Let Google off the Hook
- Why Are Cheap Flights So Hard to Find?
- AGs May Have Found a Way to Bring Antitrust Suits Against Big Tech
- Regulators To Big Tech: Back Off Our Kids
- PragerU Vs. YouTube Case is About Choosing the Lesser of Two Evils
- Congress is ‘Fed Up’ With Big Tech, But Antitrust Action May Be Impossible
- FTC Wants Authority to Fine Big Tech for Data Security, Privacy Malpractice
- States, Municipalities Push Back Against Federal Tech Policy
- Free Market Group Calls for Tighter Copyright Laws
- Should The Feds Dump Google As Their Go-To Search Engine?
- Tech’s ‘Good Actors’ Plead for a Fair Privacy Law
- The Big Issue That May Unite Democrats and Republicans in Congress
- Fintech Companies Can Expect More Scrutiny From a Democrat House
- What’s Next for Net Neutrality in a Democrat-Controlled House?
- Here’s What the Tech Industry Should Expect From a Democratic House
- Wall Street, Big Tech Bet on #BlueWave
- Think Tank Gives Swing States an ‘F’ For Elections Security
- Is Net Neutrality a Key Issue for Midterm Voters?
- Saudi-Funded SoftBank Has Been Throwing Money at U.S. Fintech Firms
- How a Former Hedge Fund Manager and Corporate Lawyer Are Treating Philanthropy Like a Wall Street Bet
- On Internet Privacy, a Deep Divide Between Tech Industry and Consumer Advocates
- Taylor Swift Continues the Longstanding Tradition of Merging Music, Celebrity Status and Politics
- Is It Time For An ‘Internet Bill of Rights’?
- New USMCSA Deal Protects Big Tech From Liabilities, Except Online Sex Trafficking
- California Employs Symbolic Politics to Save Net Neutrality, But May Not Succeed
- Elon Musk Has Settled With the SEC, but His Unsettling Behavior Continues to Raise Questions
- FCC Votes to Limit Local Governments’ Ability to Regulate 5G Deployment
- Is The 5G Hype Way Ahead Of The Reality?
- Did Russia “Steal” The Net Neutrality Debate, Too?
- Unregulated Fintech Could be the Source of the Next Market Crash
- Have the Attacks on Susan Collins Over Kavanaugh Vote Gone Too Far?
- Congressmen Demand Answers From Google Over Data Collected From Children
- This Judge Just Cast More Doubt on Elections Security Right Before Midterms
- Does the EU’s Controversial ‘Upload Filter’ Set a Precedent for Censorship?
- EU’s New Copyright Directive Could Force Google, Facebook to Pay for Their Content
- States Cannot Tax Internet Phone Services According to This New Court Ruling
- FCC Inaccurately Collects Data on Broadband Access in Tribal Lands
- Wall Street, Banking and the Rise Of ‘Ocasio-Cortez’ Democrats
- Federal Agencies Are Woefully Unprepared for Cyberattacks, Experts Say
- New Bill Would Override State Usury Caps for Fintech Companies, Payday Lenders
- Arnold Foundation to Roll Out Pretrial Risk Assessment Tool Nationwide
- Despite California’s New Ban, Mandatory Arbitration Reform Is Still Uncertain
- Stemming Florida’s Red Tide Requires Government and Business to Work Together
- Oops. DNC Cyber Attack Backtrack Casts Doubt on Midterms’ Security.
- News Media, Tech Firms Clash Over How the FTC Should Approach Regulation
- Can an Algorithm Make Subprime Lending Safer or Less Biased?
- Broadband Deployment Is Not Moving Fast Enough for Rural Americans, Critics Say
- Pai: FCC Comment System ‘Flooded’ With ‘Half a Million’ Comments From Russia
- Michigan’s Online Sales Tax Won’t Help Mom-and-Pop Shops
- Should an Algorithm Determine Whether a Criminal Gets Bail?
- As Fintech Booms, Both State and Federal Regulators Want a Piece of the Pie
- DOJ Says AT&T-Time Warner Merger Ruling ‘Ignored’ Economics and Common Sense
- FCC Denies Cyber Attack Ever Happened, But the Evidence Isn’t Clear-Cut
- A New Bill Banning Banks From Charging Overdraft Fees May Have Unintended Consequences
- Sen. Mark Warner Calls for Regulation of Social Media Companies, Big Tech
- Consumers Support CFPB Despite Efforts to Undermine the Bureau
- How 5G Could Revolutionize Healthcare
- Access to Telehealth Will Require Increased Broadband Investment, Especially in Rural Communities
- USAF Contract Competition Tests Trump’s ‘America First’ Pledge
- Controversy Follows the Funding Behind KIPP Co-Founder’s Charter School Venture
Posted February 21, 2019 by Paul Steidler
Posted February 21, 2019 by Michael Graham
Posted February 21, 2019 by Enisha Williams
Posted February 21, 2019 by Julie Hersh
Posted February 21, 2019 by Kate Patrick
Posted February 20, 2019 by Michael Graham
Posted February 20, 2019 by Michael Graham
Posted February 20, 2019 by James Edwards
Posted February 20, 2019 by Jared Schroeder
Posted February 20, 2019 by Kate Patrick
Posted April 28, 2014 by Derek Khanna
Posted September 24, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted February 12, 2015 by Britt Christensen, Ph.D.
Posted June 16, 2016 by Carter Dougherty
Posted July 30, 2015 by Bill Greener III
Posted April 28, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted November 06, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted January 12, 2017 by Connor D. Wolf
Posted October 01, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted September 05, 2017 by Peter Roff